Sunday, August 19, 2012

Yah, but they are a huge company...( PROBLEM )


Let me be one of many to personally say thank you to Coca Cola. I met Joe, one of the gentlemen in this video, in Saudi Arabia. He was so excited about Coca Cola and what they had done for him. I watched this video after he asked me to, and boy did it make my eyes tear up. For Coca Cola this was pocket change to send these people home to surprise their families. The best part of it all was the ripple effect. Joe's father was slowly going blind. The right people saw this video and corrected his fathers eye sight.

( SOLUTION )
I know many of us sometimes feel small, and never have enough money to do good on such a large scale, BUT a solution is to gather your pennies together with family and friends. This in turn will create dollars. These dollars can then be used around the world to help the less fortunate. This year I plan on doing just this! In the near future, I will be raising donations to buy school supplies for less fortunate students in Thailand. In 2008, I volunteered teaching English in the poor northeast area called Isan. I got to see first hand how far a $15 scholarship can go. It will pay for the students lunches or bus rides. Not only that, it shows that people in the world actually care about them. Of course if you know me, you know I like to have fun! So this also means that the .30 cents you have sitting in your couch cushions can buy a bag of marbles for them to shoot marbles on their lunch time. You can't imagine how happy these kids were when I made them line up and I gave each of them a brand new marble! That's what life is about!

If anyone has more time than money to donate please click on the link on the left of my blog "volunteaching" and look into volunteering your time in Thailand. It's a memory you will never forget. I know I haven't, instead I've found a way to keep the good times going.

In the end, do your part and make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers